Storm Legion is revealed!!!
And what do we get to look forward to?! All sorts of goodies! In all of this, what am I looking forward to most? 10 new levels will be awesome, a larger Telara, new souls for each calling, 7 dungeons and 3 raids, but most of all, owning a sliver of Telara!! Does this mean what I think it means? Player and Guild housing!? Please, please say yes Rift!
Dimensions: Let’s say you rested at a Telaran inn that overlooked a shimmering waterfall. How great would it be to claim that inn for you and your guildmates? What if there was a parallel universe, where you could decorate it and furnish your inn just as you wanted? That is precisely what dimensions will offer: a way to own your very own corner of a very big game. — GameSpot.com
Release date for this new expansion has not yet been announced but everyone is looking forward to fall! /crosses fingers and does a dance.
The cloaks will be working on Shroud Technology. What the hell is that? Glad you asked, so did I.
highly optimized, real-time cloth solver and multi-threaded design allows it to get the most out of your target platforms. Our performance tests show up to a 10x improvement compared to traditional cloth solutions for games. That’s fast enough to make complex, dynamic, interactive cloth practical across the widest possible range of hardware. — CloakWorks Interactive
Gamespot got the one on one interview with Scott Hartsman on what we can really look forward to in this exciting expansion:
Dusken is the more fearsome. It’s a dark place, where death figures prominently in the world and the story; the themes are closer to horror than anything Rift has explored in the past. This is as it should be: it’s here that you follow the story of Regulos, the dragon god that hails from the plane of death. The other continent, Brevane, isn’t so obviously terrifying, though it’s no less vital. It’s on this continent, in The Eternal City, that Telaran civilization developed, though the warring factions that reside there aren’t necessarily always civilized.
Rift will more than triple in size.
Both continents are to feature epic story content, and Trion Worlds continues to move away from the exclamation point as the primary means of delivering quests. The instant adventures that began with patch 1.6.1 shall continue into the new lands, so at any moment, you can press a few keys and be instantly transported to an action-heavy zone where a number of objectives and tremendous battles await. Rift’s story shall be told through such adventures, as well as new world and zone events. — GameSpot.com
So far this is a huge tease, but it’s a tease that works for me!
A vast new world
- Adventure across two huge new continents that more than triple the size of the existing world
- Experience epic stories that reveal the true power in Telara … and the gateway to the planes
- Make your move to the island city of Tempest Bay, a new stronghold for both Guardians and Defiant
10 MORE LEVELS, 4 MORE SOULS
- A new Soul for each Calling expands the Ascended Class System – build the hero you want!
- Rise to new heights of power through 10 challenging levels, increasing the level cap to 60
- Play your way! Choose how you level with questing and Instant Adventure everywhere, onslaughts, rifts, events, and more
BRAVE THE STORM
- Achieve greatness with 7 new dungeons, 3 raids, a Chronicle, and more!
- Join the Hunt: New rift gameplay propels you into battling increasingly-challenging planar bosses
- Fight legions of fantastic creatures, including a Colossus that interacts with – and ravages – the world like you’ve never seen
MAKE TELARA YOUR OWN
- Dimensions: Customizable spaces allow players and guilds to own a sliver of Telara
- Take your professions to new heights with Grandmaster crafting
- Become the talk of the town and boost your stats with stylish new capes
- New puzzles, artifacts and collectibles, achievements, mounts, pets, titles, and much more
- Trion trademarks ‘Storm Legion’ for possible next RIFT expansion name (massively.joystiq.com)
- Enter at Your Own Rift: Looking back at RIFT’s first year (massively.joystiq.com)
- Enter at Your Own Rift: Handy tips for fishing and survival in Telara (massively.joystiq.com)
- Riding the RIFT wave (biobreak.wordpress.com)
- Enter at Your Own Rift: Conquest PvP (massively.joystiq.com)